At 1860 meters of altitude, Alpe d’Huez is one of the largest French skiing resort.
At the heart of the Alps in the Oisans, you can ski on the Massif des Grandes Rousses to reach 3350m of altitude.
Alpe d’Huez it’s :
• 300 sunny days per year
• 250 km of ski pistes, with the longest piste in the world (Sarenne)
• 50 km of ski off-pistes
• 35 km of routes for pedestrian
• Snowshoe hikes
• 1 ice rink
• 2 covered or heated swimming pool
• Paragliding, hang-gliding, microlight, …
• A sports hall with a large fitness center …
• Snowmobile area
• 2 cinemas …
• For more information
In SUMMER, Alpe d’Huez becomes a bike station with ideal starting points for hikes, walks, bicycles, mountain bikes or horsebacks. You can also enjoy the nice swimming pool with solarium.
You can explore the Ecrins National Park, whether you are walkers, novice climber or mountaineer …
Cycling enthusiasts could try the legendary climb « Bourg d’Oisans – Alpe d’Huez » with its 21 turns on 14km and 1120m of ascent!